It can be difficult for a modern user to choose an antivirus because of the wide variety of options from different developers. Some people base their choice on personal preferences or opinions and others trust reviews and comments like the one you can find in Avast Reddit topics. The second option can be really helpful for those people that do not have a lot of knowledge in cybersecurity software themselves but want to find someone’s subjective thoughts and experience. This article will investigate the arguable attitude of Reddit users to Avast Antivirus.
The bright side of the topic
It is important to point out right away that the opinions on Avast Antivirus are quite controversial for a long time. There are basically people that consider it useless and even dangerous and those who find it a perfect cybersecurity solution. You can find dozens of topics and open discussions where users try to decide, which side is right.
Arguments for using Avast Antivirus:
- A range of useful additional features and services anyone can connect to their account. Avast is an advanced cybersecurity company and it develops many applications within one ecosystem, thus it can be really handy to have a single account for various protective solutions like Secureline VPN and Virus chest.
- A long history and good support system. Avast provides 24/7 customer support on the official website, which makes it stand out between some of the competitors. Despite a huge base of customers, you can expect a quick reply and a solid solution to your problem.
- Various bonuses and tariffs make it affordable for every user. Moreover, you can take advantage of a 60-day trial period without any commitment to pay afterwards.
The downsides of Avast Antivirus
However, no product or service, especially this popular, can exist without haters. A great share of Reddit users consider the application not worthy compared to alternative options.
Arguments against using Avast Antivirus:
- Slowdowns in the performance of devices because of multiple background scanning processes. It can be almost impossible to disable some of them, which makes the program less versatile and convenient for a modern user.
- Some users report losses of personal data. Various internet resources stated that Avast sells the sensitive users’ information to third-party corporations.
- Avast records some of the browsing sessions on the servers, which makes it vulnerable to hacker attacks. In fact, this police only opens up new possibilities for the hackers when it should do just the opposite.
There is no particular opinion on Avast Antivirus according to the Reddit reviews. There are still people that use it, even though others report critical flaws in its performance. At the end of the day, it is up to you, whether to use Avast services or not. Studying subjective experiences can be beneficial for the right decision.